Programming is what I do for a living and also what I do as a hobby. So a lot of code is produced. According to Scott Hanselman, one of the ways to keep your blog from sucking is to have a code garage sale. And according to his post about Garage Sales:
Garage Sale Code should follow at least 4 of the 5 C’s:
- Complete – It’s a whole library or application.
- Concise – It does one discrete thing.
- Clear – It’ll work when you get it.
- Cheap – It’s free or < 25 cents.
- (Quite Possibly) Crap – As with a Garage Sale, you’ll never know until you get it home if it’s useless.
How many of those points are fulfilled by my code, I’ll leave for you to judge. 🤔